When you get the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog in your post. Tell seven things about yourself and award seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.
1) I played the piano for 8 years, and stopped short of my grade 8 exam for the Royal Conservatory of Music. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't play regularly anymore, and when I do, I cringe at how badly I play. Seriously, one step above chopsticks.
2) Growing up, the last thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a computer geek. I wanted to be a writer/doctor/teacher/astronaut/lawyer. Today, I'm a computer geek.
3) Whenever I stare into the mirror too long, I start searching for white or grey hairs. If I find one, I have to pull it out. This probably means I need to dye my hair at some point, otherwise, my OCD tendency will leave me bald.
4) I love to write fiction. I wish I could make a living out of it, but unfortunately, I'm not very good.
5) I am really affected by Armageddon/end-of-the-world/disaster movies. They stick with me, and I think about them for days or even weeks -- like what would I do if "such-and-such-scenario" happened. I always tell everyone that I think my survival instinct is really poor, and I would probably be one of the first to go if something terrible happened.
6) When I was little, my parents didn't put any limits on what movies my brother and I could watch. Parents take note: do not let your little one watch Alien at age 7. The scene where the alien bursts out of John Hurt's stomach had me running to my room and left me scarred. It was a good two months before I'd touch anything with tomato sauce on it. (I have no idea what meal they were having in that scene, but I thought he was eating spaghetti when it happened). To this day, I still cannot watch Alien in its entirety.
7) I was totally grunge in college. Yup, doc martens, baggy jeans, flannel shirts and the occasional concert tee. Hard to believe isn't it?
Seven of my favourite blogs which I've come across in the past few months are: